Links of Note 2023-06-20
- An interesting application to help you move your windows around the screen. WindowMove
- The mad scientist, Brett Terpstra, with another cool solution. Snibbets - BrettTerpstra.com
- An interesting discourse on Light and Dark mode. I use Solarized, Light during the day and Dark at night. The pros and cons of Dark Mode Here’s when to use it and why - PhoneArena
- After all of these years using macOS, I discover new things. This article is illuminating the uses of the Option key. Eighty Shades of Option Key
- This was useful from Jack Baty. - Prepending creation date to selected files using AppleScript (macOS) - ~Baty.net
- These two articles hit home with me. I Tried to Migrate to Todoist; It Didn’t Go Well – The Sweet Setup and Greg Morris - Not Chasing Perfection. I spent a lot of time looking for the right program to write in. Every solution I landed on had some good features and some not so good ones. Every product had friction points. I solved my quest by settling on VSCode. It is not perfect, but it is where I spend all my time. It doesn’t grate on me. It has no deal breaking friction point. I discovered that the more time you spent in an application, the more you learn about it. That learning makes you efficient in the application and you feel better using it. I wish I had discovered this truth earlier.
- Lastly, if you are looking for an open-source solution for your note-making, this is interesting. Notes
Note: Thanks to Athena for the image.
macosxguru at the gmail thingie.